Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One Rainy Day in Tallinn, Estonia

I take a one day free from work 'cause I'd done so much excess hours. That was a tuesday so nearly midlle of the workweek and it really make sooo good and gave extra energy for these last few work days (friday is common national holiday here - it's midsummer eve).

We spend a day in Tallinn, mosty in Old Town - the part of city I prefer most. We had booked treatment packages from Reval Day Spa so we spend 3 hours at spa. I get manicur, pedicur and dermatologic skin analysis, "Star SPA" facial treatment and chemical lash and Brow dyeing with Nutriol Eyelash treatment. Place was peacefull and very nice with light of candels, serene music and rose petals on the treatment pool. Service was custom and they spoke a good english. I really can recommend the place. Only the prices aren too cheap but I think it ok to pay for a good service :)

Negative part duringt this trip was our shipping. We travel for first -and I also hope for last- time by Tallink Star to Tallin and aslo back. The ship is new and clean and nothing bad about that but... I had feeling like I've been on the playstation or in some other plasticreality. Big ship and only handful of people inside of there. And everything was automatic, selfservice. Worst of all was food service. A'la carte was closed and only choice was buffet where only server you met was at the door when you should paid before to go in from thre electric gate. Then palstic trays, disposable dish even wine and beer you should drink from plastic mug (not even plastic wineglass..) I don't wana tell about food but it was awful. Well we weren't hungry after that and we get a good laugh. One thing seems to be ok was sorting for different waste (at least bio and then the rest) but when we had finishd eating and I had -there at table- sort our bio waste and plastics to the different crowds...there suddenly (like from sky) walk one weitress, take both our waste crowds, smile for us and then we look how sho walk straight to the "normal waste box" and push all in :(

What I learn about that... Only the quick will survive!

No comments: