Monday, April 2, 2007

How to live environmentaly-friendly?

Air Pollution is bigger and bigger problem but people don't really Care about it! It makes me angry. You can read it everyday from the newspaper or listen from the news but nothing really happend. Citizens attitudes hasen't change a much. You drive everywhere with own car, as big as possible, you bought a moped for your kids as soon they are allowed to drive it. You have motorboat and skidoo -just for a fun! (who things it's really fun?) Flying is much cheaper than railway tickets. It's too difficault or too expensive to recycle waste -nothing matter for this poor little globe...

I try to live ecologically but I can't be contented for myself. I know I could do so much more! And if I'm angry because of the others habits and attitude I have to amend my own manner...

  • I already use public transport as much as possible (in shorter distance I use my legs, of course)
  • I recycle my waste; biowaste, paper, cardboard, batteries, glass, hazardous waste...
  • I recycle my clothes and buy some of my staffs from second hand shops
  • I buy organic products always when there is possible to chooce
  • I like to use small shops and neighbourhood products now when I'm not so poor student anymore
  • I close my computer and electric equipments when I don't need those
  • I notice how non-ecological it is to fly even I like travelling so much...and I did my decision for this summer; I'm not flying! I can't stay in finland...but I can use bus and boat. OR I can pay for CarbonNeutral to get better conscience if I had to fly
  • I bought my electric from company who use windenergy

You can do only small things at the time but whitout those small things: Things won't ever change better! Can you give me more tips to live better?

No comments: