Thursday, May 8, 2008

One Beutifull Spring Day in Lohja

Sometimes its enough to travel to your neighborhoods. There are more to see close aroud are than we appreciate. Thats why I was positively suprised after that sunny and pretty spring day which we spent in our neighbor city Lohja yesterday. There are more to see what I had noticed before. Yeah I've visit there several times before in spa, market palce and in few of those several strawberryfarms but yesterday was totally different.


First we went more that six feet under (actually 80 meter under) into the Tytyri mine. We had a quide who told uss about mine; its history and nowadays activity. Likmestonemine is still working somewhere +300 meter underground but there is museum and adventure route in about 80 meter underground. At the moment there is exhibition of 12 finnish glassartist which was quite interesting contrast for dark and unfertile old mine.


Alitalo Applevineyard was a small vineyard keeped only by one family. They have a lot of animals there too but their mainlivin is from apples. They sell those to markets too and about 20% of apples goes via juice to wine or cider. They have 14 different type wine, some cider, liqueurs and some distilled beverage. We taste one sweet wine, one semidry and one sweet dessertwine. I like those even I don't usually prefer else than grapewines. I even bought 2 bottle these applevines; one semidry and one sweet dessetwine - for my mom 'cause its mothers day this week.



Svartå Manor get me back to the 18th century and make me gasp for an enchantment. So great, so beutifull, so amazing to find kind of place from here. And I'm actually been there as a child and can't remember nearly anything. I wonder how it's possible 'cause now it makes so huge inpression for me. I really wanna go there soon again and spend whole summer day in the beutifull garden and in interestind old manor. I can't descripe it well, so I just put some pictures...
















I try to remember that I don't allways need to travell so far to get these experiments.

No comments: